Telinta, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively “Telinta”, “We”, “Our” or “Us”) are committed to help VoIP Service Providers successfully build, manage and grow their businesses in an efficient and secure manner.
We may collect and receive information about users of our Service (“users,” “you,” or “your”) from various sources, including:
- browsing our websites
- information you provide for or regarding the Telinta Service Agreement
- your use of the Service
- from third-party websites, services, and partners
Information We Collect and Process
Information you provide when you visit our Websites or when you use our Service
We collect and process information which you provide directly to us when you use or interact with our websites or the Service, including when you make information requests, sign up to receive promotional information, or request to review and/or sign our Service Agreement. The types of personal information we may collect directly from you include company name, employees names which you provide, job titles, email addresses, postal addresses, phone numbers, information about the type of services required, credit card payment information, transactional information, as well as any communications, inquiries, contact or other information you choose to provide during your use of the Service and related billing, technical support or training.
When you provide personal information, we will only use this information for the specific reason for which it is provided. If you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com.
We keep track of your activity in relation to our websites or the Service, and performance metrics related to your use of the websites or the Service. For example, when you use the Service, we may collect:
• Traffic data about the communications that you provide through the Service (such as calls, audio or video conferencing, SMS,) to enable us to bill for those communications effectively and efficiently;
• Network Monitoring data to enable us to maintain the security and agility of our internal networks;
• Log data when you use the Service or websites including Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), browser type, referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data (ie, the path a visitor takes when browsing through our websites) to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site;
• We use various technologies to collect information which may include saving cookies to your computers;
• Call Detail Records of data produced by a telephone call or other telecommunications transactions provided via the Service. The record contains various attributes of the call, such as time, duration, completion status, source number and destination number, VoIP origination and/or termination vendor connecting the call.
• Emails and other communications with us;
• Billing data, which includes any payment data.
Cookies and other similar technologies
Information We Receive from Third Parties.
You may access websites for other third-party services through our websites, or the Service, for example by clicking on links to those third parties from within our websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third parties, and we encourage you to carefully review their privacy policies.
If you choose to interconnect third-party solutions and services to the Service we provide, we may receive information such as your authentication credentials or other details you agree to provide in order to authorize interconnection. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should visit the privacy settings of your third-party service provider to learn about your options.
We may also collect personal information about you from other third-parties you may use if you choose to integrate the Service with your other solutions or services.
We may also receive publicly available information about you from our third-party partners and combine it with data that we have about you.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
• Provide, operate, and maintain the Service;
• Improve, personalize, and expand the Service;
• Understand and analyze how you use our Service;
• Develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
• Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for technical support and training, to provide you with updates and other information related to the Service, and for marketing and promotional purposes;
• Process your transactions;
• Send you emails;
• Find and help prevent fraud.
How We Share Information
We may share the information we collect in various ways, including the following:
• With Service Providers.
With business partners and other entities to provide, improve, and personalize the Service.
• With Affiliates and Partners.
With companies or ventures that are owned or controlled by Telinta, and internally within Telinta, in order to provide and improve the Service, to provide technical support, for marketing purposes, and for analytics.
• For Marketing
With sales and marketing partners for marketing purposes on Telinta’s behalf and on behalf of third parties.
• For Certain Analytics and Improvement
With certain companies for purposes of analytics and improvement of the Service.
• Through a Referral
If you sign up for our Service through a referral from a colleague, we may share information with your referrer to let them know that you used their referral to sign up for our Service.
• For Legal Compliance, Law Enforcement, and Public Safety Purposes
• Business Transfers
Information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to any potential acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
• With Your Consent
We may share information with your consent.
Legal Basis For Processing Personal Information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only:
• where we need the personal information to perform a contract or agreement with you;
• where we need the personal information in order to deliver or support the Service;
• where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; or
• where we have your consent to do so.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
We have a legitimate interest in operating the Service and communicating with you as necessary to provide the Service, for example when responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect or use your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Protect Personal Information
We take data protection and privacy seriously. We maintain appropriate organizational, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. However, please bear in mind that the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
We will retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was originally collected unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, for legal, tax or regulatory reasons, or other legitimate and lawful business purposes. Then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you are a Telinta customer, you may access certain information associated with the Telinta Service by logging into our Service web interfaces or emailing email@example.com. If you terminate your Service Agreement, all activity from using the Service prior to deletion may remain stored on our servers. If you terminate your Service Agreement, all activity from using the Service prior to termination may remain stored on our servers isolated from any further processing. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to remove your data from our servers if needed.
To protect your privacy and security, we may also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before storing, updating, or removing your information. The information you provide to us may be archived periodically by us according to backup processes conducted in the ordinary course of business for disaster recovery and other operational purposes.
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you reside. This means that information collected outside the United States, including in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), may be transferred to and stored on our servers in the United States and the other countries, specifically in Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Singapore and Japan, and potentially in other countries where our affiliates and third-party service providers and partners operate. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws in your country (and in some cases, may not be as protective).
• European Commission adequacy decisions, which acknowledge that the non-EEA countries listed here have national laws that protect personal information to a substantially similar standard required by European Union law;
• The European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses, which require non-EEA recipients of personal information to continue to protect the personal information they receive to the standard required by European Union law; or
• Other lawful data transfer mechanisms or derogations from data transfer restrictions.
Your Data Protection Rights Under The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
• If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing email@example.com.
• In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by replying to the emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
• Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
• You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
By continuing to use our websites and the Service after such revisions are in effect, you accept and agree to the revisions and to abide by them.
All third-party trademarks, logos and brand names are the property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website and in other Telinta communications are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, trademarks, and brands does not imply endorsement.
The data controller and processor of your personal information is Telinta, Inc.
Telinta customers can find additional details included in their Telinta Service Agreement.
Last updated May 23, 2018